Sunday, October 26, 2014

Watercolor Class Update

With tables set up in my Flagstaff Studio, my 6 students got down to work learning the basics of watercolor and applying them to their own paintings. It was an enthusiastic group and we had a lot of fun in the process. I was delighted with their comments at the end of the 4 week series... "Classes were GREAT! "... learned more in one day than I had in a whole (college) semester." "Demonstrations were great." " Enjoyed learning the tricks of watercolor." "critiques and acceptance". "nonthreatening and enjoyable".

 Here are 3 of the watercolors that I painted while teaching the students. The 4th one with a glass vase is yet to be finished. As you can see we were able to cover a variety of subjects along with our techniques.

If you would like to take one of my classes next year, be sure to send me a note Catherine@CatherineSickafoose.com to be included on my mailing list. I will hold classes in both Phoenix and Flagstaff in 2015.

Meanwhile, I hope you have put the Flagstaff Holiday Marketplace on  your calendar for this Saturday, Nov. 1, 10 am to 4 pm at the Elks Lodge. I would love to see you there! www.flagstaff-arts.org

No comments:

Post a Comment