Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring in Full Bloom

Spring and watercolors - how wonderfully they go together! What should I paint first? The flowers are blooming everywhere in the Arizona desert as well as at my front door! Here you can catch a glimpse of my sweet peas as they climb the trellis - at least 7 feet tall! And they smell heavenly!
Some of you folks have had more than your share of winter. Well a little floral watercolor might just be the thing to hurry spring along in your neck of the woods. Check out my website for some ideas and let me know if you have a favorite flower or hiking place that I should consider. The website has been updated with some new landscapes and a new sunflower painting will be posted soon.
Also check out my calendar. Next up is the Artists' Marketplace on April 24th in Flagstaff at the Coconino Community College, 10am - 4pm. Be sure to mark your calendar if you are in the area. There will be a wonderful array of art to enjoy by all those talented Northern Arizona artists! I will have some small originals on stand up boxes, new giclée prints and cards. Oh yes, and a drawing for a small giclée print! Look forward to seeing you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment