Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Vacation in Eastern Canada

                                                     Fleurs de Liz Studio, PEI, Canada
                                                  Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada

                                                           

Wow! do I ever have lots of new subjects and ideas for paintings! John and I have just returned from a vacation in Eastern Canada. We flew into Halifax, Nova Scotia and drove on to Prince Edward Island across the 8 mile Confederation Bridge. The scenery was beautiful and all so different from what we are accustomed to seeing here in Arizona - lighthouses, rocky coast lines and sandy beaches, rolling farmlands and marshes and quaint little villages with art studios everywhere. The folks we met were so friendly and the B&B's we stayed at were excellent.

I visited with a fabric artist, Liz Heeley-Ray who paints wonderful PEI scenes on clothing and home accessories. We had a great time exchanging ideas and then I had fun taking photos of her studio and garden - it was all an artist's dream to see! And of course, I had fun shopping in her studio too!

Peggy's Cove was the perfect ending to our trip so that is the lighthouse I will share with you.

Now I must get busy painting again. August will soon be here and my show at Brandy's in Flagstaff will go up August 4th. I'm hoping I can have at least a sampling from this trip along with my new Northern Arizona paintings.

Back to the brushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment