Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Studio Update

"Lookit Me" (original 12"x 9")

Greetings Art Friends!

I hope you are enjoying the mild temperatures and sunny days. My sweet peas are blooming and smell absolutely wonderful! Such a treat! (I realize that you folks up north will have to wait a little longer for these joys. Maybe a floral watercolor would hurry Spring along for you.)

This is my first newsletter for 2009 and I have some exciting news to share with you.

1. "Lookit Me!" was painted from a photo taken of my grandson, Cade, while hiking on the Veit Trail, north of Flagstaff, last Fall. It was such fun to paint and makes me think that some of you probably have a special photo that you would love to have a watercolor painting of to cherish for years to come. My schedule is a little freer this year to accommodate such projects.

2. Speaking of schedules, my website calendar has been updated and ready for you to view at www.CatherineSickafoose.com.

3. Check it out soon so you don't miss the Peoria Fine Art Show next weekend! I will be showing a select group of watercolors in the Arizona Art Alliance Tent in the Municipal Complex. All the details are available on my website. It's a 3 day event with a reception on Friday evening, March 13th. Would love to see you there!

4. While you are in the Northwest Valley, stop by Sun Valley Quilts at 9857 W. Bell Rd. (623-972-2091). They are the newest shop to carry my "Fine Art Fabric Giclées" and have a large selection available. Pillows, wall hangings and table runners make wonderful accents for your home. (You can continue to find the fabric giclées at the Quilted Apple in Phoenix, Zoe's Trunk in Chandler and the Quilter's Store and Gallery in Sedona.)

Thanks for sharing your email address with me so I can keep you up to date. I promise to keep it confidential.
Warm hugs, Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment